Pesto on fish?
Are you sure?
When I came across this recipe on Pinerest my first thought was no way!
Pasta. Chicken. Beef. Even eggs. But not on fish.
Then a few weeks later I was in the mood for fish so I picked some up from the grocery store. Now I’m usually a EVOO, salt, pepper throw in the oven kind of girl when it comes to my fish. But I happen to have had some store bought pesto so I thought why not. Let’s give this a try.
Here is how I did it.
Put the fish fillet on the baking sheet. Don’t forget to spray or put some form of oil down so that the fish doesn’t stick. I then put a little salt and pepper and nice spoon full of the pesto all over the fish.
It goes in to the oven for about 15 minutes.
And walah! Your dinner is almost ready.
I fixed a little bit of wild rice and some broccoli to make it a complete meal.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 filets of swai fish (you can also use tilapia)
- 1/4 cup pesto (I use about a spoonful for each filet so I’m guessing 1/4 cup. Really just use your best judgment.)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam or sprinkle a little EVOO.
- Place your filets on the baking sheet and salt and pepper.
- Now it’s time for the pesto! Spread a spoonful across each one. (Put the pesto on each filet before you spread it on the fish. You don’t want to put raw fish back in your pesto sauce.
- Bake for roughly 15 minutes. It may take a little longer depending on the size of your fish. Enjoy!
I’m always looking for ways to add more fish in my diet. If you have a good recipe let me know about it. I’d love to give it a try. =)