I’ve been on a kick of eating chicken wraps for lunch. Nothing special but oh so easy and tasty. Man, I wish I would have taken a picture to show you guys. They really are good.
Anyways, I cook up some chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Then slice it in to thin strips and roll in up in a flour tortilla with some spring greens, shredded cheese and Caesar’s salad dressing. Oh so simple and a super yummy lunch.
What I was noticing though was that I was cooking too much chicken and having leftovers.
I eat leftovers all the time but I hardly ever reinvent the meal. This time I did! I chopped up some of the chicken and used it to stuff sweet potatoes. Oh my gosh! So good!
This can be prepared in either the oven or the microwave. I would have used my oven but unfortunately it was out when I decided to try this recipe. Microwave it was and it turned out just fine.
Before I continue I must say that I came up with this recipe after a little inspiration from another blogger here on WordPress. Cooking From The Heart has a very similar style Stuffed Sweet Potato but our flavorings are different. I probably would not have made mine if I had not see theirs first. I must give them credit for inspiring me.
So I made all of this chicken…
and had this one leftover at the end of the week.
This is what I did with it.
I started off my taking a box of Green Giant’s Creamed Spinach
and mixing it with some salt, pepper and chopped onion.
This was my first time using Green Giant’s Creamed Spinach. In fact this was my first time eating creamed spinach outside of a steakhouse. Let me tell you it was good! And so easy. I may have to try making my own creamed spinach some day.
Now chop up the chicken and add it to the mix.
While this was going on I had some sweet potatoes “baking” in the microwave. Slice them in half so that you can scoop out all the goodness inside.
Add the sweet potato to the spinach mixture.
Stir all together and add back in to the hulled out sweet potatoes.
Top with some cheese once they are all stuffed and pop them in the oven until the cheese melts. Or in my case the microwave…poor oven. =( Took the picture before the cheese but you get the idea.
This is what they will look like when all is said and done.
Doesn’t that look good?!
Here is the recipe.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 chicken breast, cooked
- 1 box Green Giant Creamed Spinach
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- The creamed spinach needs to be warmed up in the microwave before you can use it. This takes about 5 minutes. Once it’s done, scoop it out in to sauté pan.
- While the spinach is in the microwave, sauté the onion.
- Add the spinach to the onion as well as the chopped chicken.
- When the spinach comes out of the microwave, get the sweet potatoes in. Then scoop the flesh out, leaving the potato skins behind.
- Add the sweet potato flesh to the spinach mixture. Stir until all mixed together.
- Spoon in to potato skins and top with shredded cheese.
- Either bake in the oven, or microwave, until the cheese is melted.
- Eat and enjoy!
Let other recipes help inspire you to create your own.
Who knows what you will come up with. =)