Where has April gone? Seriously? It is going to be May next week.
This year is just flying by.
Too fast it seems. Although I am glad the weather is getting warmer. So glad!
Last weekend was my one year anniversary for Weight Watchers. One year! Wow! This is the longest I have stuck with any sort of weight loss method. As I’ve said more than once, I’ve rode this weight loss roller coaster quite a few times. Usually I lose the weight and then I go back to my normal routine. This of course means that I gain the weight back. Each and every time.
This time I have managed to keep the weight off…for the most part. As you all are well aware, I have been struggling with staying on the program and have not reached Lifetime. Yet! I could have long ago. The only thing stopping me is ME! I know this. Believe me, I do.
What is keeping me going though is my WW family. Without the meetings, I probably would have given up by now and quite honestly may have gained all of the weight back. My peeps won’t let me do that. This I trust and believe. When you miss a meeting, they reach out and wonder if everything is ok. ❤ Accountability is key! Whether you keep yourself accountable (sometimes I’m very good at this, other times not so much) or you have support, either way we all need accountability.
I’ll get there. This I know. I’m hoping that the warm weather will help with this, as I get outside more.
So what have I learned in the past year? In last Sunday’s meeting, I came up with a list of 5 things. I may expand upon that today. We’ll see.
- I’m addicted to food. I am! I love it. I turn to it in so many occasions…stressed, happy, bored, etc. I eat and eat and eat. I know that I should stop but I don’t necessarily do it. When I’m not tracking, I often don’t do it. Thus I overeat. Thus the problem. =(
- Get over poor decisions quickly and get back on track. This is easier said than done. I know. But it’s true. The longer you dwell on your mistake, bad choice, poor decision (whatever you want to call it) the greater the possibility of you making more of those same decisions. The more damage you are doing aka going in the wrong direction. Thus making it longer for you to reach goal. The quicker you can accept what you’ve done and move on, the better off you will be.
- I am my worst critic! I am harder on myself than most people can ever think of being. This often leads to more of #1 and #2. Truth! They all feed each other. You know how “they” say, what would you tell your friend, sister, brother, child, etc? That is what you should say to yourself. Yeah, it’s so true. I’m still working on this though. Sometimes, I will go past where I should be and then be too easy on myself. Yep, hot or cold. One extreme to the other. I need help with the middle ground.
- Stay the course. When I’m on track, on course and working the program, I succeed. There’s no if’s and’s or but’s about it. It works! The only time I have had a gain is when I have not followed the program. Simple as that.
- Track Track Track I’ve said this multiple times before as well. As much as the meetings and the support are important, so is tracking. You can go to every meeting, you can have great support but if you aren’t tracking and staying within your daily and weekly points, you are not likely going to see what you hope and want to see. Tracking works!
That’s my list. These are the things that I’ve learned this year. If I were to add two more quick things, they would be you can still eat a lot and feel full while staying within your daily and weekly points. It may be a shock at first, but there are lots of options on great foods and they aren’t all boring. lol
The second is that you can do this! We all can! We just have to set our minds to it, don’t swagger and get ‘er done! 😉